FOR HUMAN HEALTH AND SECURITY ISSUES ALWAYS CALL: 911
ANIMAL HEALTH OR ANIMAL FACILITY ENVIRONMENTAL
After Hours or Weekend/Holiday
An answering service will collect necessary information and then contact the on-call veterinarian.
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
* If possible please also notify Northwestern University Department of Safety & Security directly of any 911 emergencies as they are not automatically notified of 911 calls coming from the Chicago campus.
Department of Safety & Security Non-emergency numbers:
Chicago Campus Police - (312) 503-3456
Evanston Campus Police - (847) 491-3456
When reporting any emergency, please provide the following information:
- Nature of the problem;
- The name and call back phone number of person reporting the emergency;
- Location of the problem (campus, building, room number).
If emergency involves an Animal Health problem also provide:
- Animal species;
- Animal identification number (cage card if rodent);
- The principal investigator's name.